9 May 2012

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Since the creation of the preliminary task, I have committed myself to the technical aspects of the project. By doing this, I have had the chance to research and create many of the technical features such as the soundtrack, logos and titles. I've learned much about conventions of logos and music conventional to the Thriller genre in the medium of cinema through this. Whilst I've previously possessed experience in some of the software packages I've used, since the preliminary task I've demonstrated that I can quickly learn basic operation of some of the more professional packages, as well as honing my skills in the areas, such as the soundtrack, which I have been involved in.

To continue, I've also learnt more about one of my weaknesses during the production of this project, which is acting. Whilst I fortunately did not have to read any lines during the production of the project, I had instead been tasked with some very basic stunt work, such as appearing to be punched on screen, as well as falling onto hard ground in view of the camera. I have learnt that this is also not one of my strong points, resulting in the action in our sequence looking remarkably fake. However, I am very satisfied with the amount of knowledge that I have gained through the process of creating this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment